Sunday, December 6, 2009

Losing my mind... and something to relieve my woes

(art by zarla; Phoenix Wright, Edgeworth and Gumshoe (C) are property of CAPCOM)
This comic is pretty much hilarious if you've played Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney, case file 1-4. Zar said this is how she imagined the ending scene to go, which is pretty funny since Gumshoe really does worship the ground Edgeworth walks on. Poor Edgy looks like he's having troubles breathing.

But in other news, I've been trying my best not to put a figurative gun to my head and pull its imaginary trigger. Finals are upon my doorstep and my time seems to be falling away... falling away...

I just can't seem to concentrate, you know? I need to practice my presentation more but I did manage to finish my power point in time at least. Now I just have to write 10,000 words before December 15 and maybe I won't die. The pains I'm taking to be a writer are more than you can imagine.

SO LET'S NOT TALK ABOUT IT!!!!!!! TIME FOR SOMETHING FUNNY!

So, at work we generally have to say goofy things and come up with reasons to be happy we're alive at all and not depressed that all we're doing is feeding the endless droves of students that flood our campus and get messier and lazier every semester. Sometimes we sing songs and sometimes we crack jokes. I have the annoying habit of ranting on whatever fandom I'm into at the moment, AND YES I KNOW I'M ANNOYING YOU ALL SO JUST STOP JUDGING ME BEHIND MY BACK!!

Well, one particular night a few of the girls and I were talking about something random and I started singing The Fun Song from Spongebob Squarepants. You know, from the episode when he tries to become friends with plankton and everything majorly backfires but not until he and plankton share a time of singing and dancing. Here's the lyrics if you still don't know what I'm talking about:

F is for "friends" who do stuff together
U is for "you and me"
N is for "any time" and "any where at all"
Down here in the deep blue sea!

Now, that's all nice and sweet and fun if you hear Spongebob singing it to a grumpy bottom feeder like plankton, but apparently ANG Mark II had never heard this song before. As a result... she started looking at me like I was some crazy sicko. Apparently, she thought the lyrics were a bit... suggestive. And when you actually take the time to sing it nice and slow, and then lower you voice and try to make it sexy.... yeah, the lyrics do seem a bit racy, don't they? Isn't that odd?

Who knows? Maybe Mark II is right and Spongebob has more innuendo (after which she would turn and say "in your endo!") than previously believed. I don't know myself, but I don't think I'll be able to hear that song in the same impartial, innocent way I used to.
~H. D., and God speed to any others who are lonely tonight

No comments:

Post a Comment