Thursday, December 31, 2009

So if you want to find me look to the western sky...

Guess what I got for Christmas???? Lotsa stuffs, but I'm especially excited about my new games and CDs. You know, this is first year in... I think the last five that I got more than one CD and NO Border's bookstore gift cards. Crazy, ne?

Well, the last week or so has been pretty crazy for me. You know that big blizzard that pretty much turned the entire south central U.S. into frozen pastry? Yeah, my dad had us all pile into a car with all our presents and the food we were supposed to bring and drive through that, after 2pm. You know, it was ridiculous! I'm just thankful we had 4-wheel drive (my dad is adamant that we never would have left if we didn't have a car with 4-wheel drive but I wonder...) or we would have gotten stuck. We passed a LOT of accidents because people were dumb and out in their low to the ground sports cars. Stupidest. People. EVER.

But my family survived. We had to stop in a different town than we expected, since visibility was already difficult without it being night time. We were a little less than half-way to our destination... Normally, when we go to the city to see my grandparents it takes us less than 2 hours to get there. We were barely half-way there... and it took us over 3 hours, and we had to stop for the night. Yeah. It was a blast. 9_6

I'm currently trying to blast my way through Persona 3 (PS2) but I had forgotten how absolutely crazy the dungeon in that game is. It's a tower, for those of you who don't know. It's over 200 levels high. And certain levels won't let you pass until enough game-days have passed. Yeah. I'm about half-way through it and I've been grinding those dungeons for over 60 hours now. I'm about ready to put it to bed, but I need to finish that game or I can't join something amazing. I'll tell you more about it if I get to that point. Until then, wish me luck!

............... This is my last post of the OLD YEAR. In less than 6 hours it will be the NEW YEAR. I'm a little anxious, as I always am on New Years Eve. It's non-specific anxiety. General anxiety. You know.

But I don't wanna let it get to me. This last year I hung out with two people I didn't realize were so dear to me, both of which I sorta only met this last year anyway. One is definitely a kindred spirit but the other is more of a foil of myself. I love them for their differences. But I know I get on their nerves ALL THE TIME. Hopefully it's not going to be an every day thing this next year.

I also discovered that writing is not my forte. I love to write. It's what I want to do. But I don't think I'm particularly great at it. It's just... what it is. I want to do something spectacular with my talents but sometime I don't think even I know what they are. Perhaps my future forever lives within the realms of sandwich crafting............. You know what the sad part is? I think that may be true.

I'm not depressed. I've never been a depressed person, but I'm rambling now because I'm being sentimental about last year. Maybe I should take up the Japanese tradition of blocking out the old year with booze and just focusing on the future! That would be great. Except I might nix the booze part. I'll replace it with chocolate..... or tea.

Anyway, I wish you get more out of this year than the last. May your harvest yield ten-fold, and may your children and oxen forever be healthy. Kanpai! Ciao~! Fuzzy pickles! And all that rot.

~H.D., who sometimes feels like Elphaba though maybe I don't deserve such a sentiment

No comments:

Post a Comment