Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Den of Woe has a Christmas Tree at the end of it!

So, how were finals for all of you? Mine.... pretty much were okay. In hindsight, I wish I had done better but I can only do so much after all that carnage.

My novel, as you all know I've been diligently writing since the beginning of the semester for my PW class, was a huge fiasco. Honestly, I was literally just vomiting words onto the document. I just had to stop because it was getting rediculously stupid. For real, I just hated it. But I think I'll be able to write a little easier next semester. I plan on finishing it before the school year is done and over, but we'll see. Please keep rooting for me! I want to finish it! Then some of you will read it and tell me what you think.

The rest of my finals were fine (despite the lack of study due to novel and inherint laziness) BUT IT WAS WORK THAT NEARLY DID ME IN!!!!!

Okay, so we expected to be slow the rest on the last day of finals. Just about everyone had moved out and there was just about one customer every hour after eight that night. We spent our time reading, talking, working on projects (nothing for school, just fun stuffs) all the way up until about 11:30pm. Then, They started coming. You know, They. The people who are determined to spend every last one of their exchanges before we close. They are also the ones who never changed their dumb 12 meal/150 point plans to something more managable and, therefore, had about 10 more meals left to spend. 10 more meals = AHEKOVALOTTASAMICHES!!!

One of the orders was 10 of the same sandwiches.
One order had four different sandwiches plus three soups.
Another had three different sandwiches plus one soup and two salads.

IT WAS JUST.... I almost wanted to go to the back and scream. Luckily, one of our more vocal employees made his complaints very well known the whole time we worked, slaved over those 50 or so sandwiches. It was a great stress reliever to hear our resident Lord the Poet rant and rage while I piled at least 3 different sandwiches with all veggies and three meats.

Yes, yes, it was death and destruction. I usually can keep my own cool under even the most stressful of situations (at least I won't show my anger to customers) but I felt incredibly abused after all of that. One guy even had the gall to come up and try to play the "I been where you've been, I understand what you're going through" card, but our Lord Poet told him up-front that we didn't want or need to hear that kind of crap (though with a much more colorful dialog than my own, as you can imagine). Here's a newsflash for people like that: IF YOU KNOW WHAT WE'RE GOING THROUGH BECAUSE YOU'VE BEEN THERE, THE WHY IN BLOODY, BURNING HELL ARE YOU HERE?!?!?! Seriously, if you really know what we're going through then obviously you know it's freakin' rude to show up at a place that's just about to close and order tons and tons of food like that. Rude and dumb. Like they're even going to be able to eat all that food anyway.

Yeah. It was that bad. And was I tired after I reached home that night. I realized about 20 or so minutes before I got back home that my muscles were aching a bit. My mom said it's probably due to me finally releasing all my stress; now that finals and work is done for the semester my body is finally able to relieve all the tension that had been building up. Kinda crazy how this stuff works, you know?

Anyway, now that I'm home I plan on playing a bunch of Phoenix Wright and Persona 3. I need to work on my application for a new game I'm trying to pick up on and then I'll also be helping to clean house and cook a little (that is a very little) for when we have company/go visit family. Christmas promises to be nearly a whole week-long affair and while I'm excited about the holidays and seeing family, I know I'm going to be exhausted the entire time. I'll probably lose my temper a time or two, and being grouchy is one of my specialties. Hopefully, I'll be infected by Chirstmas spirit and my mood will reflect a much more Christ-like attitude. I think it would do me good to immerse myself in that kind of feeling, rather than cold, prickly doubts and insecurites.

Peace out,
~H.D., who's plans to avoid listening to too much Christmas music before the holidays seems to be a success, so Take That! those of you who let yourself get sick and tired of holiday tunes before the season is even over

No comments:

Post a Comment